Sunday, February 7, 2010

Thankful and merry, with a chance of snow



I have not blogged in several months. Shame on me! I am trying to use my blog as a journal and just for fun. I am including Thanksgiving, Christmas, and our January snow fall into one blog.

Since before Christmas I worked on a portriat for my Dad's clown character, Whitle-Do. Whitle-Do has been in my life for the past 16+ years. He is a seven year old "boy clown", and so much fun!
(above)  This is Whitle-Do (as an elf) and me during Christmas. 


...work in progress
final product!

I was so happy to be able to give this to the one man that has taught me everthing. My dad is so special to me, I honestly do not think he has a clue as to how important he is in my life. I am so thankful to have such a special, unique and loving father. He is not just my daddy but my friend.  My Mother, Sister and Husband were all in on the secret. We had him to close his eyes so that the "gift" could be brought in. He had noooo idea...  He kept saying, "No one has ever done this for me before!" haha. Yeah that's why I did it!  :)


This Christmas was so joyful! Family gatherings to keep us busy all through the month of December. Jonathan and I had so much fun, two beautiful nieces and a handsome nephew (all under the age of 3), sisters and brothers, cousins,aunts, uncles and grandparents; who doesn't love family?




And then in January... IT SNOWED in DUNN, NC!


Coming soon is an addition to a family that I love so dearly! London Carter Hinson is due any day now. His mom (Jessica) and I have been friends since we were in 6th grade. We lived right next door to one another, went/go to the same church and were in the same classes in school. She married a wonderful man, Kevin. I am happy to say that now the four of us are best of friends. We can't wait to meet little London!

No comments:

Post a Comment