Monday, August 17, 2009

standing on His promise

On Saturday, August 8th, Jonathan (my husband of one year) became a licensed minister in the International Pentecostal Holliness Church (IPHC)! This was a very exciting day for both of our families and the other 10 couples being licensed. Dr. Doug Beacham prayed over us as well as spoke into our lives. As he asked the new ministers if they were committed to this work he then said, "You now live in a glass house, your windows and shades will always be up, and your doors have been made wide open." I know this is true as I was raised a preacher's kid.
When I was in high school I knew God had a plan for my life, and I felt strongly that I was going to be a minister's wife. As of 8/8/2009 I am a minister's wife. Jonathan is in Divinity School at Campbell University, earning a Master of Divinity. As well as pursing ordination through the IPHC. I could not be happier knowing God has us in the palm of his hand. He is daily walking beside us. Although some days we may not feel Him; I know He is there, guiding and protecting.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogmosphere! You'll enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna, what a wonderful post. I love both you and Jonathan and I know that God has wonderful things for you. On this path, there may be moments of pain, sorrow, grief, and fear...but never forget the resolve, the courage, the power, and the presence of God that you feel in THIS moment. For it is in THIS moment that you are being empowered for a wonderful life of faithfulness, joy, and peace. The Lord bless you both. :)

    ReplyDelete